Friday, July 24, 2015

7/24/2015 - Technology Used: Sure Fire Catheter & Mynx

I found out the the new technology that was used on me to prevent the chemo from spilling back into the artery (and thus losing the "full dose") was provided by a company called SureFire.  The product looks pretty cool.  I like to think of this as the Blowout Preventer which prevents chemo from spilling out into the ocean of my body.  (but this works, unlike the one on the Deep Water Horizon)


Again in this procedure, similar to the first, the Mynx closure system was used.  The product injects a sealant near the puncture site that shoots a gummy blob around the artery but below the skin to prevent any artery leakage.  It then breaks down over the next 30 days, leaving nothing behind (in theory, read my next blog post).

No comments:

Post a Comment