Monday, August 29, 2016

08/29/2016 - My 3 Month Anniversary

My liver just turned 3!  The 3 month liver birthday marker is significant for a number of reasons.  I have a meeting with my incredibly responsive nurse practitioner to discuss my progress and possibilities of drug reductions.

On the 29th, I was told that I could discontinue the following pills three pills:
1) Bactrim - 1 pill at 8am - antibiotics used to treat or prevent infections.
2) Valganciclovir - 1 pill at 8am - an antiviral medication used to treat cytomegalovirus infections.
3) Pantoprazole - 1 pill at 8am -  Treats gastroesophageal reflux disease and high levels of stomach acid.

Now, three pills might not sound like a lot however, that's 10% of the pills I take and reduced my morning 8am pill count from 14 to 11.  Now that's good progress (think baby steps).




No comments:

Post a Comment