Wednesday, March 23, 2016

3/22/2016 - Phone Call Results

I took the day off for my tests yesterday and another day today to really be off for a day.  Tessa and I had taken the kids to lunch and were headed to look for a new sofa.  In the middle of browisng, I got a 202 call (DC area code).

Now, anytime I get an unknown 202 area code, I always pick up.  It could be the call for either transplant or it could be my doctor.  I scurried away while holding Eli who was resting on my shoulder and found a quiet corner.  It was the office of my Transplant Hepatologist calling with good news.  CT of the chest was clear (no spread), and no meaningful changes in the two tumors in my liver.  I felt a huge sigh of relief and then walked back to convey the news to Tessa.

Every call, you always fear the worst but I've been really lucky with treatment and monitoring so-far.  I just wanted to share the good news.

When I get a hard-copy of the results, I parse through them like I do with the Fed's Meeting Minutes on interest rate policy.  Until then....or the next update.....

~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment